Property Purchase Process
Property Purchase Process
1. Inquiry of any Optiven Property.
- Feedback: Type of investment (Long term or Short term) through the Optiven App, live chat, Facebook, twitter, Skype, Whatsapp and the website (www.optiven.co.ke)
- Conversion: Further interaction to enable the client select a desired project to fit the need.
2: Investment Catalog – The catalogue of properties is available on the Optiven App to help select the choice of investments to fit the client category.
3: Plot Selection: Client selects the preferred project.
- Subdivision Map: Check the updated maps and property details of the project selected.
- Site Visit: Book online for a self or representative to view on behalf, the client should provide contact to enable communication. We shall also take the client to view when he comes back to the country. (We conduct site visits free of charge).
4: Plot Availability: The availability of the selected plot(s) are confirmed automatically online.
- Due Diligence: We provide the client with copy of the Title Deed and a copy of the Mutation. This will be used to conduct a search at Land registry through the contact in Kenya. (Our agent does it at a fee of Kshs. 1000 only the search process takes one day.
5: Payment Process: The client will select terms of payment that is flexible and within their budget: we allow;
- Cash – Payment within 30 days,
- Loan facility- We have banks that we can recommend, (Obtain a letter of undertaking from the financier)
- Installment: The client can pay in installments up to a maximum of 24 months (a minimum deposit of 30%).
- Payment and Receipts - Client makes his payment via the modes published on the app. We shall issue the client with Optiven official receipt in softcopy and a statement is available online.
6. Online Offer: The purchase price, bank account number, terms, and expected closing costs are available online.
7. Client Documents: uploads on the app a copy of ID, copy of PIN and a digital passport size photo
8. Legal Documents: These are the legal document that will enable the client own the plot;
- A sale agreement: A sales agreement is downloaded after an order is made. It is signed online or offline and submitted via the app.
- Verification - The client will verify that he is in agreement with what has been stated.
- Our agreements have the required legal standard that cannot be altered. (Agreement Fees payable to our lawyer which is highly discounted to Kshs. 5000. Client is also free to use his/her Lawyer. Kindly Note these are not legal costs of transfer and registration)
9. Completion Document: We prepare these documents upon completion of payment of the investment:
- Application for consent to transfer (in triplicate) and Land transfer forms (in triplicate). We send them as soft copies with very clear indications of where to the client is required to sign. The documents should be printed back to back.
- Once client signs and sends hard copies of above documents via courier services.
- These documents will be certified by the lawyer who will also attach a copy of the Lawyer Practicing Certificate as required by the Law Cap 300.
- Legal fees for transfer and registration is 8% of the plot value at the point of Title Deed processing.
10. Registration of the Title deed: We send all completion documents to Land registry for title transfer and registration (it takes 60 days on submitting the documents to registrar)
11. Title deed issuing: We shall send the soft copy of the title deed. The client will collect the Title deed from our office. We can also issue the title deed to an appointed person who will provide a signed authorization letter instructing us to do so. We avoid sending Title deed via courier services to avoid the risk of losing it.